Who Am I?
I am a well-established practice in the northern suburbs of Cape Town. Our team currently consist of two therapists and we provide individual and group therapy either at the practice or various known daycares and schools. Occupational therapy assists children to develop their foundational skills including that of sensory, gross and fine motor, cognitive and perceptual skills, needed to achieve success in everyday life activities. For a child, everyday life activities consist of playing, going to school, dressing, washing, eating, socializing and sleeping amongst others.
What is my role and services in paediatrics?
I use a combination of Neurodevelopmental, sensory integration and sensory motor approaches for individual clients ages 0 – 10. I provide in-depth assessments and treatments for all children referred. My special interest includes neurological and genetic conditions, early intervention, high risk infants and general developmental delays. I am also involved in general and fine motor stimulation groups and educational workshops for moms and teachers on the stimulation of children and classroom support.
I provide therapy at:
• Practice address: Stellenberg Therapy Center (on the grounds of the Stellenberg Dutch Reformed Church)
• NICU Cape Gate Medi Clinic
• Individual and group therapy at various daycares and schools in the northern suburbs of Cape Town
Who are good candidates for treatment?
• General developmental delays (not reaching developmental milestones)
• Gross and fine motor delays (difficulties with balance, jumping, skipping, pencil control, cutting etc.)
• Sensory integration difficulties (fussy eating, tactile defensiveness, hyperactivity, clumsiness etc.)
• Neurological conditions such as low muscle tone and Cerebral Palsy
• Genetic conditions such as Down Syndrome
• Mobility difficulties
• Birth injuries or birth defects including Spina Bifida
• High risk babies – low muscle tone, premature births etc.
• Traumatic injuries (brain and spinal cord)
• Children with visual difficulties and hearing impairments
What experience do I have in Paediatrics?
• B. Occ Therapy UFS (2008)
• MSc. (Wits) Occupational therapy in neurosciences for adults and paediatrics (2016) which included training in neuro-anatomy, neuro-physiology, neurology, neuro-pathology, paediatrics and applied neurosciences in paediatric and adult occupational therapy
• Trained in paediatric Neurodevelopmental Therapy (NDT) - Based on the Bobath Concept
• Private practice in paediatric setting (2014 - present)
Please fill in the below form with your query and we will get back to you.
Kromboom Road, Crawford , Crawford Cape Town, Western Cape , South Africa
Added on : 2017-03-09 9:25 AM
40 Labiance Street, Labiance , Bellville Cape Town, Western Cape , South Africa
Added on : 2014-05-08 8:44 AM
Disa Crescent, Blomtuin , Bellville Cape Town, Western Cape , South Africa
Added on : 2012-05-16 8:02 AM
49 Hannes Louw Drive, Parow , Parow Cape Town, Western Cape , South Africa
Added on : 2011-11-14 12:00 AM
139b Humewood Drive, Parklands , Parklands Cape Town, Western Cape , South Africa
Added on : 2012-11-22 9:23 AM
6 Circle Road , Table View Cape Town, Western Cape , South Africa
Added on : 2011-05-05 12:00 AM
Unit G3 Pinelands Business Park New Mill Rd, Pinelands Cape Town, Western Cape , South Africa
Added on : 2022-05-26 10:40 AM
43 Pollsmoor Road, Kirstenhof Cape Town, Western Cape , South Africa
Added on : 2022-04-21 2:01 PM